Internationale conferentie, Theology of Dort (1618–1619)
mei 8 - mei 9€150
The Theological University of Apeldoorn, the Hersteld Hervormd Seminarium (VU Amsterdam), and the Special Chair of Reformed Theology (University of Groningen) are co-organizing an international academic conference on The Theology of Dort (1618–1619). Confessional Consolidation, Conflictual Contexts, and Continuing Consequences Groningen, May 8–9, 2019.
On May 6, 1619, the Synod of Dort promulgated the Canons as a final statement on the controversial issues that disturbed the Reformed church in The Netherlands. The international character of the synod underscores the importance of its theological decisions. The importance of its theology justifies an academic re-assessment of the theology of Dort. The Canons close with this claim:
This doctrine [of perseverance] is something which the flesh does not understand, Satan hates, the world ridicules, the ignorant and the hypocrites abuse, and the heretics attack. The Bride of Christ, however, has always loved this doctrine most tenderly and defended it (Canons of Dort 5.15).
- Harm Goris, Tilburg School of Catholic Theology, Total Depravity or Relapse into Natural State? Roman Catholic Views on the Effects of the Fall.
- Michael Haykin, Southern Baptist Theological Seminary “Abunde sufficiens ad totius mundi peccata expianda”: Particular Baptists & the Reception of Dort.
- Arnold Huijgen, Theological University of Apeldoorn, The Lasting Value and Limitations of the Canons of Dort.
- Volker Leppin, Eberhard Karls University of Tübingen, A Disliked doctrine: Predestination, Dort and the Lutherans.
- Dolf te Velde, Theological University of Kampen, Justified by Faith? Franciscus Gomarus on the Crucial Issue with Jacob Arminius.
- mei 8
- mei 9
- Universiteit van Groningen
Calendar powered by The Events Calendar